While recognizing the direction of APA, APA Arizona is focused on addressing and resolving the planning issues and needs of members in Arizona. As such, APA Arizona’s mission and vision, while still consistent with APA National, are specifically crafted to meet the needs of our Arizona members.
APA Arizona is an action-oriented organization that provides leadership in planning by providing programs and services to its members and the general public that:
- Support and advance the virtues of responsible planning.
- Provide superior opportunities for educational experiences, exchange of ideas and information.
- Provide members and the public necessary information for informed decision-making on planning issues.
- Support and nurture the future generation of planners through active involvement with the universities and new planners.
The vision for APA Arizona is to be the recognized leader and authority on planning related issues in Arizona. With this leadership, we will positively influence our communities at all scales through our members, resulting in the creation of exceptional communities that are recognized for the quality of their built environment, care and sensitive treatment of the natural environment, and attention to the creation of equitable and sustainable communities and economies.
The members of APA Arizona believe in the following values, which are essential to planning and building better communities for Arizona:
- Ethical Behavior
- Quality Work
- Citizen Involvement
- Public Interest Commitment
- Openness to different views and ideas
Don’t be left out. Join APA now to get plugged in and to stay current in your profession. Know what’s going on in planning nationally, in Arizona, in your region, and locally. Let your current employer know you take your job seriously. Most consultant firms and numerous planning agencies prefer and often require AICP-qualified planners.
If you have questions about membership, please call our membership office at (602) 866-7188 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.