The chapter has compiled links to various planning related websites that may provide you with information about planning and up and coming topics of discussion. We hope that you find the
information useful and we welcome any suggestions or recommendations for additional
- Friends of Planning: The Friends of Planning was formed to help ensure the strength and longevity of the graduate planning degree program at the University of Arizona. Through financial contributions and shared expertise, the Friends of Planning provide scholarship funds and student awards. Activities are funded by annual contributions from board members and fund raising. In addition, the Friends of Planning offers mentorship to graduate planning degree students and regular meetings with planning program administration.
- Arizona League of Cities and Towns Model Development Fee Ordinance
- Arizona's Changing Rural Landscapes: The Universited officials, rural residents and planners.
- American Planning Association
(APA): The Arizona Planning Association is a chapter of this national organization.
It provides links with information on current activities in the APA, current topics
and issues, the American Insitute of Certified Planners (AICP), Planners Advisory
Service (PAS), and to other state chapter webpages or contacts.
- Students and New Planners (APA): About 2,700 of APA's 32,000 members are students. Student members receive all the benefits of APA membership at a reduced dues rate. Students are active in APA Chapters, participate in APA governance through the Student Representatives Council, and meet and exchange ideas on campuses through Planning Student Organizations.
- Arizona Parks and Recreation Association
- Arizona State University: School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning
- Northern Arizona University: Department of Geography and Public Planning
- University of Arizona: College of Architecture, Planning & Landscape Architecture
- State of Arizona
- Maricopa Association of Governments
- League of Arizona Cities and Towns
- County Supervisors Association of Arizona
- City of Phoenix: Phoenix at Your Fingertips
- Cyburbia.org: Internet resources for the built environments--focusing on planning and architecture--comprehensive and well organized list of websites and web-based materials.
- PlannersWeb.com: Website of the Planning Commissioners Journal (magazine)--excellent source for "how to" articles on planning.
- Planetizen.com: A data center for articles on planning and community development related topics, with links to newspaper and magazine articles--also has a useful listserve notification service.
- Professional development opportunities available at www.planningprep.com. This site is a membership site developed to assist planners that are preparing to take the AICP Exam.
- Policy Development and Research (PD&R)/Housing and Urban Developments (HUD) Information Service: HUD USER is an information source for housing and community development researchers, academics, policymakers, and the American public. HUD USER is the primary source for federal government reports and information on housing policy and programs, building technology, economic development, urban planning, and other housing-related topics.