Join as a Student
Kickstart Your Planning Career — for Free!
Membership is FREE for any student actively enrolled or matriculated in any university or college degree program. It remains free for the duration of an individual's studies. "Free" includes APA, APA chapter, and AICP membership, as well as membership in up to five APA divisions.
APA Arizona is committed to the undergraduate and graduate planning programs offered by the University of Arizona, Arizona State University, and Northern Arizona University. You are the future of planning! By joining as a student member you have the opportunity to connect with others and expand your professional network.
With free membership and lots of benefits, the American Planning Association is where you belong!
Why Belong to APA?
- Career Services. Attend Career Reality Webinars and get expert strategies, tactics, and tips at APA's Career Center. Help prospective employers find and hire you by completing your My APA Profile. Use APA/AICP's salary survey and calculator to project your earning potential.
- Information. APA resources open windows into today's planning practice. Student members get free online subscriptions to Planning, the Journal of the American Planning Association, and Zoning Practice as well as all current and archived Planning Advisory Service publications. Access APA's Research KnowledgeBase. Check out planning books and more from APA's E-book Collection.
- Connections. Network with fellow students, practicing planners, and professionals in related fields. Find a mentor. Connect with local planners and leaders in your chapter. Join others who share your planning passion in an APA division. Meet planners from all over the world at the National Planning Conference.
- Recognition. Earn APA, APA chapter, or division honors.
- Leadership. Build your reputation as a volunteer leader. Get elected to the Student Representatives Council.
- Out-of-classroom learning. Learn the latest at the National Planning Conferenceand other in-person and online events.
- Promote planning. Your membership will strengthen APA's advocacy for good planning and essential programs. On a personal level, APA's communication tools, training, organization, and access will help you become an effective advocate able to craft and deliver positive messages about planning to key audiences.
If you have questions about membership, please call our office at 602-866-7188 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.