APA Arizona Membership APA Arizona Member Login
The APA Arizona Chapter gets you involved in APA close to home. We're your local source for networking and professional development. You'll share experiences with colleagues and broaden your perspective beyond your office.
We provide a variety of services that demonstrate the significant value of membership, providing opportunities that allow planners to grow their careers, networks and skills.
The American Planning Association, Arizona Chapter is a group of individuals interested in planning for Arizona’s future. APA Arizona was chartered in 1983 and currently has over 1,100 members including practitioners, elected and appointed officials, attorneys, academicians, students, and citizens who care about planning. The Chapter is lead by an elected state board, appointed board members, and section officers.
The association strives to:
- Advance the art and science of physical, economic and social planning.
- Build public and political support for sound planning practices and policies.
- Provide members with technical information, skill building resources, and exchange opportunities.
- Offer Arizona’s communities a planning advisory and referral service.
The American Planning Association, Arizona Chapter links planners statewide, nationwide, regionally, and locally through the American Planning Association. Through these links, members:
- Stay current in the planning field: We’ll keep you at the top of your game with state-of-the art knowledge in planning. Advance your professional expertise through local and state planning workshops and events, the annual state and national planning conferences, and ultimately AICP certification by participating in exam workshops and preparation guides.
- Make a difference in the State Capitol: Unite with other planners through one powerful voice by introducing and influencing legislation to shape planning in Arizona through APA’s Legislative Program. Dorn Policy Group, our professional lobbyist, has been very effective in bringing APA Arizona’s planning expertise to the Capitol, guided by the APA Legislative Platform, best planning principles, and the voices and opinions of planners state wide.
- Network with other Planners: You’re not in this alone. Other planners across the nation, state, and in your local area frequently share the same planning issues as you. Find out how others are dealing with the challenges you are facing, and share your success stories. Ask a question on National APA’s “Urban Scrawl.” Make new friends who share your interest in planning. Employers are looking for smart APA members at APA conferences, APA local events and with advertisements on our website and in our online newsletter APA Arizona Vision.
- Receive Acknowledgements: Be acknowledged by your peers and rewarded for your work. The APA Arizona Chapter presents annual awards in recognition of outstanding projects and planners.
Don’t be left out. Join APA now to get plugged in and to stay current in your profession. Know what’s going on in planning nationally, in Arizona, in your region, and locally. Let your current employer know you take your job seriously. Most consultant firms and numerous planning agencies prefer and often require AICP-qualified planners.
If you have questions about membership, please call our office at (602) 866-7188 or e-mail email@example.com.